Government Sends a Team to Handle TKI Amnesty in Saudi Arabia
By : the Information Desk
- Read: 289 times
National Agency for the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Workers (BNP2TKI) enggaging their two team officials along with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Law and Human Rights, as well as the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration to represent Indonesian government in Saudi Arabia in handling Indonesian workers (TKI) in the forgiveness program (amnesty) that took effect on the country since May 11th to July 3rd, 2013.
The two Officials of BNP2TKI are Preparation and Departure Director Arifin Purba and Deputy Director for Pre-departure, Aminullah. Both are planned to fly to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday (7/6).
Head of BNP2TKI Moh Jumhur Hidayat in Jakarta, Wednesday (5/6), also informed that the team is scheduled to help the service in Riyadh to re-documentate illegal TKI in both places, whom due to imcomplete working permits or overstayed.
"BNP2TKI as the Indonesian government team will make data inventory and clasification of TKI under Amnesty program. Those TKI got trouble either because violating stay permit limits (overstayed) and undocumented labor", Jumhur said.
Furthermore, for those who still want to work in Saudi Arabia will get their document updated by Indonesian representatives involving prospective users / local agencies. The workers will be interviewed, and so do those potential users according to the rules.
Meanwhile, Indonesian government team will facilitate return process for TKI who choose to return home. The process is involving Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah and Riyadh that will issued a travel document “Surat Perjalanan Laksana Paspor” (SPLP) for them.
"However, I believe that most of them hope to be able to continue working in Saudi Arabia, especially during Ramadhan, the salary will be greater than usuall”, said Jumhur.
So far, he added, the salary for a housemaid (PLRT) in Saudi Arabia has increased, although at one side that the Indonesian government still sets moratorium (suspension) policy for PLRT-TKI to Saudi Arabia.
He said that Consulate General in Jeddah at this time, has listed more than 40 thousand TKI for the amnesty program, since its enactment until May 30th, 2013. The numbers are prioritised by the staffs at Consulate General in Jeddah. Supplementary registration will be re-open on Thursday (6/6) until the expiry date of the Amnesty program.
Jumhur added that over 100 thousand TKI were estimated to follow the amnesty program are served by the Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulate General in Jeddah.
He also admitted that the Saudi Arabian government imposes 2 years of imprisonment to TKI who do remine in Saudi Arabia but not use this remission. While their users/ employers are also threatened with 100 thousand riyals of fine.
The Government of Saudi Arabia has announced that the amnesty program applies to all foreigners there. 1 million people were estimated under overstayed category and undocumented. However, the amnesty does not apply to foreigners affected by the criminal case as well as to the smugglers from neighboring country, who used to come in via Saudi Arabia's desert paths. (Humas BNP2TKI/ES)(Ifp)
- State should have a profit; government Asks the Freeport divesting 30% of Shares (19)
- President: We Must Have the Courage to be Self-Critical on Our Deficiencies (17)
- Coordinating Minister of Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Urges People to Watch over Vote Counting (24)
- Coordinating Minister of Politics, Law and Security Ask Parties To Maintain Order During Campaign Period (4)
- Inaugurating the First Public Hospital for Workers, President Pays Attention to Workers’ Health Rights (9)
- Minister of State Secretariat: Having Presidential Plane Brings Much More Benefits (49)
- Judge Releases Walfrida from Death Penalty (16)
- This Morning, President Inaugurates the Hospital of Workers in Cakung (15)
- Prof. Firmanzah: 2014 Election Should Create Commitments to Continue the Development (15)
- President Inaugurates IPSC Sentul (36)