Government Sends a Team to Handle TKI Amnesty in Saudi Arabia
By : the Information Desk
- Read: 271 times
National Agency for the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Workers (BNP2TKI) enggaging their two team officials along with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Law and Human Rights, as well as the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration to represent Indonesian government in Saudi Arabia in handling Indonesian workers (TKI) in the forgiveness program (amnesty) that took effect on the country since May 11th to July 3rd, 2013.
The two Officials of BNP2TKI are Preparation and Departure Director Arifin Purba and Deputy Director for Pre-departure, Aminullah. Both are planned to fly to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday (7/6).
Head of BNP2TKI Moh Jumhur Hidayat in Jakarta, Wednesday (5/6), also informed that the team is scheduled to help the service in Riyadh to re-documentate illegal TKI in both places, whom due to imcomplete working permits or overstayed.
"BNP2TKI as the Indonesian government team will make data inventory and clasification of TKI under Amnesty program. Those TKI got trouble either because violating stay permit limits (overstayed) and undocumented labor", Jumhur said.
Furthermore, for those who still want to work in Saudi Arabia will get their document updated by Indonesian representatives involving prospective users / local agencies. The workers will be interviewed, and so do those potential users according to the rules.
Meanwhile, Indonesian government team will facilitate return process for TKI who choose to return home. The process is involving Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah and Riyadh that will issued a travel document “Surat Perjalanan Laksana Paspor” (SPLP) for them.
"However, I believe that most of them hope to be able to continue working in Saudi Arabia, especially during Ramadhan, the salary will be greater than usuall”, said Jumhur.
So far, he added, the salary for a housemaid (PLRT) in Saudi Arabia has increased, although at one side that the Indonesian government still sets moratorium (suspension) policy for PLRT-TKI to Saudi Arabia.
He said that Consulate General in Jeddah at this time, has listed more than 40 thousand TKI for the amnesty program, since its enactment until May 30th, 2013. The numbers are prioritised by the staffs at Consulate General in Jeddah. Supplementary registration will be re-open on Thursday (6/6) until the expiry date of the Amnesty program.
Jumhur added that over 100 thousand TKI were estimated to follow the amnesty program are served by the Embassy in Riyadh and the Consulate General in Jeddah.
He also admitted that the Saudi Arabian government imposes 2 years of imprisonment to TKI who do remine in Saudi Arabia but not use this remission. While their users/ employers are also threatened with 100 thousand riyals of fine.
The Government of Saudi Arabia has announced that the amnesty program applies to all foreigners there. 1 million people were estimated under overstayed category and undocumented. However, the amnesty does not apply to foreigners affected by the criminal case as well as to the smugglers from neighboring country, who used to come in via Saudi Arabia's desert paths. (Humas BNP2TKI/ES)(Ifp)
- Malaysia Asks Indonesia to Help Search for Malaysia Airlines’ Missing Plane (1)
- Receiving Minister Javad Zarif, President SBY: There Are Many Opportunities to Increase Indonesia’s and Iran’s Relations (1)
- 25 Mining Companies Sign The Revised Contract (1)
- Here are 25 Mining Companies That Sign Renegotiation Contract (2)
- Government Accelerates Government Regulations Draft of Some Laws and Revision of a Law (3)
- Indonesia Disaster-Prone, President Asked Basarnas to Prepare Mentally, Physically and Skill (11)
- BMKG Ensures The Smog Will Not Reach Malaysia And Singapore (32)
- President Attends the 42nd Anniversary of National SAR Agency in Merak (10)
- The Highest Trade Balance Surplus Since 2011 (11)
- Cabinet Secretary Denies Indonesia Already Loses in Dealing with Complaints from Churchill Mining PLC (34)