SBY Ramadhan Marathon of Meetings: Laying the Foundation for a National Quality Education System to Support Indonesia 2025
Oleh : Deskinfo
- Dibaca: 784 kali
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono held the 4th coordinating meeting in his marathon of meeting 2012, replacing the 2011 Safari Ramadhan, at the Ministry of Education and Culture Headquarters in Senayan. In this meeting, the topic of discussion was reviewing the policies on education and cultural affairs, identifying actual obstacles and and forging solutions and options into new policy and instruction to ensure the success of developing education.
"Let me also remind the ministry and also the governors, if we make it simple the development of education so as to make it better quality, more accessible and more affordable" the President stated.
Quality entails the right curriculum, the right learning and teaching process, and the basic infrastructure needed. Accessibility meant more participation of Indonesian children, nationwide. And affordable meant, making the prices reasonable and permissible for those who wish to learn.
"That is the essence of the development of education" the President underlined.
He recalled in last year's in Safari Ramadhan, SBY visited West Java, Central Java and saw first hand the conditions of schools of primary and secondary schools.
"I observed that some of them were unacceptable" SBY mentioned "and in cabinet meetings, I decreed that such buildings would no longer be acceptable" he added.
In the meeting, President SBY and Vice President Boediono discussed the four priorities set by the Ministry of Education and Culture, which were improving accessibility of education, quality and relevance of the system, preserving and developing culture and ministry governance. The BOS programs had seen increae in value, up almost Rp200 thousand per child for primary schools and also for secondary schools. This will alleviate the poor and truly help those who wish to send their children to school, and the President was personally keeping an eye for it. Secondly, the government was committed to repairing the damage schools nationwide, 62 thousand SD and 30 thousand SMP, with a commitment that by 2014 all will be refitted. And for this required close coordination and synergy of local, provincial and central government. Thirdly, on wage and competence of school teachers will be improved. In the field of culture, the President wanted a new approach on culture, away from traditionally viewing at as merely an economic and conservation / preservation or heritage issue, but through education the lense, to make it contribute not only intellectual but to creating good character of students with a culture the best human capital.
The President encouraged that such important feats in the education sector was indeed doable. "I'm optimistic. The budget for education is sufficient to improve our education" and now it was a matter targeting and implementing those education programs the best way possible.
President SBY sincerely hoped that the national education system would support the country's lift off in the next 10 years as a G20 member, Indonesia becomes an emerging economy and joins the advance economy in the decades to come. Through critical education sector developments, it was to make sure that the nation possessed the necessary human resources for its own development agenda.
- President SBY reaffirms Indonesia’s support to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas (186)
- President SBY Calls for International Investigation for MH17 Tragedy (520)
- President SBY & UNSG Ban Reviews situation in Gaza prior to Nuzul Quran National Commemoration (349)
- President SBY and Chairman of NAM-Iran President Rouhani Coordinate efforts to Rally Support for Palestine (405)
- Indonesian President SBY and Australian PM Abbott meet in Batam Island (699)
- President SBY and All Indonesians Receive WEF Global Statesmanship Award and the Philippines Order of Sikatuna- Rank of Raja (726)
- President SBY speaks about Leveraging Growth for Equity at WEF East Asia in Manila (990)
- President SBY attends his last ASEAN Summit in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (865)
- President SBY receives Phone Call of PM Abbott in Bali during Asia Pacific Open Government Partnership Conference (1008)
- In promoting Asia Pacific Open Government Process, Indonesia invites Australia to Bali in May 2014 (1077)